What price do you place on a soul? Most important, what price does God place on a single soul?
The answer to that question flows through Scripture from Genesis to Revelation. Jesus spoke of this very thing in Matthew 20:28 when he told his disciples that He didn’t come to to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.
Why would Jesus Christ become a lowly servant? Why would He willingly suffer public humiliation, beatings that tore His flesh to shreds, death on the cross, descend into hell, and rise again? Because of His great love for us.
Because the value of each soul cannot be measured, even in the purest gold.
Those of us who grew up attending Sunday school, church and summer Bible camp, those of us surrounded by Bibles and books filled with stories of missionaries reaching the unreached in faraway lands, often find it difficult to believe that the family living next door may be just as “unreached” as the family who lives in a faraway land.
But we meet them every week. According to Global Frontier Missions, the United States has the third largest number of unreached people groups in the world. In other words, the unreached are among us. They are our neighbors, our children’s teachers, our pet groomers, our beauticians, our auto mechanics. They are the soldiers we are sending off to war. They are the soldiers who may not come home.
Pete’s eyes filled with tears as he shared this story from two weeks ago:
“The whole family came to our tent–mom (already a believer), her young daughter and two sons. The 18 year old son told me he was getting ready to go into the Marines. He was so proud. When he told me he was going to be a foot soldier, I thought to myself this young man may loose his life for our country. Would he face eternity with Jesus or without Him? We talked a while and then I shared the Gospel. Praise God, he, as well as his younger brother, prayed to receive Jesus as Lord and Savior. How can we put a price on this young man’s soul?”
This young man is just one of the reasons we want to thank our supporters, those who pray, give, and volunteer. You are the ones who make this ministry possible. The Gospel was shared over 1000 times at the 2-day Manatee Festival. Over 1000 walking sticks were given out, some to Christians who promised to use them to witness to family and friends, some to those who rejected the Gospel, some to folks who just wanted to “think” about God’s offer of salvation.
And over 16 walking sticks were given to folks who accepted Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
The total cost to be part of this 2-day festival was about $2400. At this time, we have 11 additional community festvals and events scheduled with more waiting to be added as we head north this summer.
We invite you to join us along the road. Here’s how:
1. Pray. Especially as we head into the south’s busy season and prepare to head north, we need your prayers for God to open the eyes and ears of those we meet. We also ask you to pray for our health and strength, that our RV and car would keep running without any major repairs, and that God will provide the needed funds.
2. If you are led to help with a tax-deductible gift, please click on the GIVE button at the top of this page.
3. Click on TRAVEL CALENDAR to see when we will be in your area. New events are added from week to week. If we’re in your area, please stop by. We’d love to see you.
4. Share this blog with friends.
5. Talk to your pastor about welcoming new believers to your church. We are always adding to our list of Bible preaching/teaching churches that we can refer new Christians to.
Thank you, Friends.
See You Along the Road,
Pete and Sandy Singer