But understand this, that in the last days there will come times of difficulty. For people will be lovers of self, lovers of money, proud, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, heartless, unappeasable, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not loving good, treacherous, reckless, swollen with conceit, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having the appearance of godliness, but denying its power (2Timothy 2:1-5).
Turn on the television or open your computer, and a flood of all the traits Paul warned us about in the last days will swamp you. These same words would describe us, if it weren’t for Jesus and his saving power in our lives.
Even in times like these, when it appears like the end of this age is a blink-of-the-eye away, Jesus is still in the business of changing lives and saving souls.
And that’s just what he did in Summerville, SC at the Flowertown Festival last week!
Chris, Steve, Pete, Sue, and Pastor Rob handed out 1700 walking sticks at the Flowertown Festival in Summerville, South Carolina. Over 100 souls were saved at this event! We look forward to heading back to South Carolina in March.
Pete and I are grateful that God has given us the opportunity to minister with the Fellowship of Christian Farmers International.
We read the words of Jesus in Matthew 18:12-14.
“What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep, and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go in search of the one that went astray?”
There can be no greater joy than being used of God to pray with a person as they come to Christ. Each time someone prays to receive Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, a person literally changes the direction of their life from heading to hell to on their way to heaven.
These are miracles we are blessed to celebrate. And as you read our blog and support us with your prayers and/or gifts, we pray you will catch the joy of these heavenly celebrations as well.
As is customary, the day before an event is set-up day. Flowertown Festival is such a big event that it took two days to get everything ready. The tables, chairs, and walking sticks had to be unloaded and tents set up. In this picture the chairs are empty, but within 24 hours folks will be sitting in them as they listen to the gospel story and make the most important decision of their lives. Miracles happen to folks sitting in these chairs.
It’s not all serious business. God loves to hear us laugh and if you know Pete, you know he gives God and others many reasons to laugh. After witnessing to this police officer who was already a believer, Pete asked if they could take a picture together. “I want to send it to my wife,” he said. “She’s home taking care of our sick dog.” This is the picture that appeared on my phone that evening.
You’ll be glad to know Pete is still alive, even after this picture.
Pete was witnessing to a little boy who was about five years old. He showed him the gold bead on the walking stick and said, “The gold bead reminds us of heaven. Do you know what heaven is?”
The little boy shook his head. “No.”
That’s when the mom spoke up. “You know what heaven is,” she said. “Your dad is a pastor.” And with that, an impish grin grew across the boy’s face.
It was a joy to give Bibles to two folks who had recently received Jesus as their Lord and Savior. Prior to stopping by the Christian Farmers’ booth these new believers had no Bible.
Thanks to supporters like you, we were able to meet that need. We are ready to order a couple more cases of God’s Word. It’s exciting to know that God already knows whose hands the new Bibles will be placed in.
As I write this, Pete and I are parked for the night in a Cracker Barrel parking lot, on our way to our next event in Moultrie, GA. After Georgia, we head to Lake Wales, Florida for Pioneer Days. Stop by for a visit if you are in the area.
We have an extremely busy season ahead of us.
- October 16-21 Moultrie, GA Sunbelt
- October 23-24 Lake Wales, FL Pioneer Days
- November 6 Dragon Boat Festival
- November 20 Winter Haven, FL Haven Holiday
- November 13, December 4, 11, 18 Punta Gorda, FL Farmers’ Market (hopefully)
- 2022 Schedule will be posted in the next blog!
Gold reminds us of heaven, a wonderful place God has prepared for all who believe in Him. Jesus is the only WAY to heaven. John 14:6
The Dark bead reminds us of sin. We have all sinned and sin separates us from God. Romans 3:23
The Red bead speaks of the blood Jesus shed on the cross. Romans 5:8
The White bead reminds us of purity. The blood of Jesus washes away ALL our sin Acts 3:19 and 1John 1:7.
The Green beads speaks of spiritual growth. 2Peter 3:18.
- Please continue to pray for Bill Brown’s healing.
- Pray for new believers that they will grow and find good Bible preaching churches.
- Pray for those we will share with in the coming weeks that God will prepare them to hear the Good News and prepare us, giving us the right words and tender hearts.
- Pray that God will continue to meet our needs according to His riches.
- Pray that the RV will continue to run without problems and we will have safe travel.
- Please pray for our health and strength. Pete’s migraine headaches have continued to get worse and he is in debilitating pain for days on end.
- Pray for more open doors for the Fellowship of Christian Farmers.
- Pray for wisdom as we consider our role in a “Boots on the Ground” FCFI disaster relief and ministry opportunity in areas hit hard by this years hurricanes.
- Pray for Pete’s brother-in-law Phil who has spent the last few months hospitalized with very serious health problems. Pray also for his wife (Pete’s sister) Diane who has been by his side every day.
Thank you so much for your faithful prayers. We are blessed to know folks are holding us up in prayer. We’re in our 70’s so we need lots of holding up, right?
If God leads you to support us, you may do so via the giving page or by contacting us at: 14880 Tamiami Trail, Punta Gorda, FL 33955. We can be reached by phone at 239-849-5527 or 239-233-4359.
Thanks for reading and sharing the blog. Love you all.
In His Mighty Grip,
Pete and Sandy Singer